Safaricom launched an online format that collects information about its subscribers when registering SIM cards and also when updating them. Before this, Safaricom subscribers would be forced to go to a physical shop, but that’s in the past now. You don’t need to visit their physical shops. You can now register your SIM card online. Safaricom launched the online SIM card portal registration on April 15, 2022.
How to Register Safaricom Line Online
The following are the steps taken to register a Safaricom line online;
- Open your browser and visit the Safaricom Website.
- Key in your phone number.
- Type in the OTP (One-time password) that is sent via an SMS.
- Upload the front and back images of your national ID.
- Confirm all the information is correct. Complete and submit the information.
This procedure is simple and straightforward and shouldn’t take a lot of your time. If you don’t see a phone number that should be on the list contact Safaricom or visit any of their shops.
If you come across a phone number that does not belong to you, dial *106# on your phone.
How to Register and Activate a New Account
The following is the process to follow when you want to register a new account with Safaricom and activate it:
- Visit the Safaricom web self-service portal on your browser.
- Click on the “Register” section.
- Key in your personal details, billing information, and password.
- Key in the first name and last name.
- Type your email address.
- Input your identification number.
- Chose ID document type.
- Key in the password and confirm it.
- Set up your address.
- Enter the phone number.
- Read and accept the terms set by Safaricom and if you agree to them and tick the box.
- Click register to activate your account.
- They will dispatch instantly an email notification with all the details of the registration.
Once all this is done and verified by Safaricom, you can start making, and receiving calls, and SMS’ with your new line. And that’s how you simply register a Safaricom line online.