The most popular way to mirror (screencast) your phone or tablet onto your smart TV is wirelessly. It is a great way to watch videos, movies, online TV shows, music, play games, and more. It also allows you to use your phone as a remote control for your TV.
On the same note, you can also use a HDMI cable to screencast. But, it’s important to keep in mind that your phone and TV versions will dictate how you pair the two devices. In this case, to mirror your phone to your smart TV, both devices must be compatible with one another. Android and iOS phones have different compatibility.
How Do You Mirror (Screencast) Your Phone to Your Smart TV?
If your phone and Smart TV feature Miracast technology, then you can easily wirelessly pair them.
That said, ensure that both devices are connected to the same Wi-Fi network then follow the steps below.
- Connect a Miracast adapter to an HDMI input on your Smart TV
- Select and change the input source on the TV to adapter.
- On your Android device, open the “wireless display” settings menu and enable screen sharing.
- Tap the Miracast adapter from the displayed device list and simply set-up the process by following the instructions.
What if your Smart TV doesn’t support Miracast?
You can still wirelessly connect to your Smart TV if it’s only your Android smartphone that supports Miracast. But you’ll need a Wireless Display Adapter, such as the Screenbeam Mini2.
Wireless Display Adapters serve as a receiver for your phone by connecting to the HDMI connection on your TV. But keep in mind that not all adapters are made equal. Consider the ones that suit your Wi-Fi network because some have Wi-Fi and app requirements.
And without the Internet access, you can utilize the wireless display with both Smart TVs and regular HDTVs. To configure a wireless display adapter, do the following:
Connect your wireless display adapter to a power source, such as a wall outlet, and the HDMI port on your TV. Next, turn on and simply pair up the two devices.
Use the Mirroring App
Another convenient method is using the Mirroring App. It is straightforward.
- Open the app and tap “Connect.”
- Then, go to your home screen on your phone and tap the “Cast Screen” icon.
- Select your Smart TV
- Your phone will display everything on its screen on your TV!
- Choose your favorite TV show or movie to watch.
Also read: 2023 phones that you’ll be excited to see
If you need to use a HDMI cable then follow these simple steps;
1.Connect your device to the TV using an HDMI cable.
2.Wait for it to detect that there is a new device connected (this may take a few seconds). If you see an active screen on the TV, then you’re ready to go!
3.On your device’s home screen, tap “Settings” followed by “Display” and then select “Mirroring.” This will open up a new page where you can choose which devices should be mirrored (phone or tablet). Once selected, tap on “Start Mirroring…”, which will start streaming whatever content is displayed on your device onto your TV screen.
1) Connect your phone to the TV using the HDMI cable that came with it.
2) Make sure your Wi-Fi is turned on.
3) Open an app called cast. It should be in your apps tray. If it’s not there, go into settings and make sure it’s enabled.
4) Click on cast icon, then select “share screen.” This will open up a list of devices nearby (your phone will be listed by default). Click “enable” next to the device that has the same name as yours (you can find this info under its icon). Press play, then hit play again once you see the video appear on your TV screen.
Screencasting enables you to watch an item at your convenience and also at your pace. You can choose to rewatch anytime so as to internalize the information. Tvs